Location: Downstairs in the Altman Building at CE Week Exhibits
Dates: Open full Exhibit Hours, June 24-25
Schedule: Shootouts will take place regularly; check onsite for schedule.
, a leading independent audio video retailer in Westchester County, NY, is bringing its respected, annual TV Shootout evaluation event to CE Week in New York City; the 2015 Shootout will take place on the show floor (downstairs in the Altman Building). Now in its 11th year, the Value Electronics Shootout will be reaching an even-wider audience of media and influencers to educate the market about critical viewing and help choose this year’s “King of TV.”The audience will be lead through the different attributes of picture quality and will evaluate and judge the newest TVs from the leading CE manufacturers competing for the crown.
The 2015 contenders are Panasonic’s TC-65CX850U, LG’s 65EG9600, Samsung’s UN78JS9500 and Sony’s XBR-75X940C. The televisions featured this year will include both curved and flat 4K Ultra HD LEDs and OLEDs from all top TV manufacturers.
All qualified media, tech influencers and members of the retail community are invited to attend the event by registering for CE Week at www.ceweekny.com
. AVS Forum members are invited on Thursday, June 25 and can register by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
.Robert Zohn, founder and president of Value Electronics, commented “We are excited about partnering with CE Week to bring the TV Shootout Evaluation Event to a wider audience and new venue.” The prestigious industry participants and CE Week setting will take this TV Shootout Evaluation to a new level.The 11th Annual TV Shootout will involve:
- The displays will be professionally calibrated to ensure they are all delivering their best performance and are all on an even playing field.
- On Wednesday, June 24th Rob Sabin, Editor-In-Chief of Sound & Vision magazine and soundandvision.com, will be a guest technical presenter, taking participants through the evaluation process and helping to explain today’s newest technologies. Scott Wilkinson will be the technical presenter on Thursday, June 25.
- Contrast ratio, peak brightness, black level, color accuracy, color saturation, motion resolution, lag input time, and energy efficiency will be measured, compared, and discussed. The audience will vote on each of the four picture quality attributes, with the winning panel crowned “King of TV” for 2015.
- All tested panels will be concurrently fed through a professional HDMI distribution amp from three reference Blu-ray players, our 4K media server, 4K streaming and USB.
- A Q&A session will be held at the end of each presentation.
Zohn said, “Our Shootout has proven to be a ‘must attend’ event among true video enthusiasts and industry leaders each year, demonstrating how the premium TVs perform and compete with each other.” With the continuation of Ultra HD and OLED as well as the great advancements of TV technologies, this will be a great year for flat panel displays.
The Shootout will alternate demonstrations with Mark Waldrep’s Hi Res Surround Sound Demo.